If you're interested in mapping Customers & Jobs to your Buddy Punch account, but aren't sure how to set them up, please follow the below steps:
- To create a job in QuickBooks Desktop Pro, open the “Customer Center” window.
- Select the name of the customer for whom you want to make a job from the “Customers & Jobs” list.
- Click the “New Customer & Job” button in the upper-left corner of the Customer Center.
- Then choose the “Add Job” command from the drop-down to open the “New Job” window.
- Enter a name for the job into the “Job Name” field at the top of the window.
- Then click the “Job Info” tab.
- Enter a description for the job into the “Job Description” field.
- Enter the type of job into the “Job Type” field or choose a previous entry from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the status of the job from the “Job Status” drop-down field.
- When the job starts, enter the start date into the “Start Date” field.
- Enter the best estimate as to when the job will finish into the “Projected End Date” field.
- When the project finally finishes, enter its actual end date into the “End Date” field.
- Click the “OK” button to add the job to the “Customers & Jobs” list.
Once you've got your Customers & Jobs setup, you can import them into Buddy Punch by running the QuickBooks Desktop sync. You can then map your Customers & Jobs to your Buddy Punch Locations/Department Codes. Here's an article that goes over that process in more detail: https://docs.buddypunch.com/en/articles/3396928-quickbooks-desktop-mapping-options
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.