If you're interested in mapping Service Items to your Buddy Punch account, but aren't sure how to setup Service Items, please follow the below steps:
- Open the “Item List” window by selecting “Lists | Item list” from the Menu Bar.
- To create service items in QuickBooks Desktop, click the “Item” button in the lower-left corner of the list window.
- Then select the “New” command from the pop-up menu.
- In the “New Item” window, select “Service” from the “Type” drop-down.
- Enter a name for the service into the “Item Name/Number” box.
- To make this service a subitem of another service, check the “Subitem of” checkbox.
- Then select the main service item under which the current item should be categorized from the adjacent drop-down.
- Enter a description of the service to display in invoices and sales receipts into the “Description” field.
- Then enter the “Rate” for providing the service.
- Then select the “Tax Code” for the service.
- Select an income account to which you attribute sales of the service by using the “Account” drop-down.
- For services which are purchased and then applied to customer invoices, check the “This service is used in assemblies or is performed by a subcontractor or partner” checkbox to change the fields available.
- If checked, enter the purchasing information for the service into the fields shown in the “Purchase Information” section.
- Then enter the sales information for the service into the “Sales Information” section.
- After creating the “Service” item, click the “OK” button to save it into the “Item List.”
Once you've got your Service Items setup, you can import them into Buddy Punch by running the QuickBooks Desktop sync. You can then map your Service Items to your Buddy Punch Locations/Department Codes. Here's an article that goes over that process in more detail: https://docs.buddypunch.com/en/articles/3396928-quickbooks-desktop-mapping-options
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.