Overview: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which was enacted on April 1st, 2020, provides employees with paid leave taken for reasons related to COVID-19.
In this temporary rule, the Department of Labor requires that certain employers provide up to 80 hours of paid sick leave to employees who need to take leave from work for certain specified reasons related to COVID-19.
These reasons may include:
- The employee caring for someone subject to a government quarantine order.
- The employee is subject to a government quarantine order.
- The employee has been advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine.
- The employee is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking medical attention.
- The employee is caring for their child whose school or place of care is closed or whose child care provider is unavailable for reasons related to COVID-19.
Tracking COVID-19 Time Off
To ensure that you are properly tracking COVID-19 Time Off, we recommend creating the following temporary time off types:
- COVID-19 Caring for Quarantined Person
- COVID-19 Government Quarantine
- COVID-19 Medical Quarantine
- COVID-19 Seeking Medical Attention
- COVID-19 No Childcare
To create a new time off type, you'll want to go to Settings --> Time Off. Once on the Time Off page, select the +Add a New Time Off Earning Code button as shown below:
You will then need to enter the name of the time off earning code, an abbreviation for the code, and then assign the code to the appropriate users. Save once done. The time off type will be immediately available to employees.