Overview: If you need to add an unpaid break or update an existing break this can be done directly from your time card within the Buddy Punch mobile application.
Important: To add or edit a break, your Administrator must allow edits. If they don't allow edits, you will not be able to add or edit a break. Your Manager or Administrator would need to do this for you.
Adding a Break
1. To add a break, start by clicking Time Cards in the bottom navigation. (Left image)
2. Once on the time card, click the shift you'd like to add a break to. (Middle image)
3. On the Punch Details page, click Add under the Break option. (Right image)
4. On the break page, enter your break time in minutes and click Save once done. (Left image)
5. If you require approvals for edits, you'll see Pending Approval under the break option. If you don't require approvals, the break will be applied immediately. (Right image)
Editing a Break
1. To edit a break, start by clicking Time Cards in the bottom navigation. (Left image)
2. Once on your time card, select the shift with the break you'd like to edit. (Middle image)
3. On the punch details page, click the arrow to the right of the break. (Right image)
4. On the Edit Break page, enter your new break time and click Save once done. (Left image)
5. If your Administrator requires approvals for edits, your break will show as Pending Approval. If your Administrator doesn't require edits, the edit will automatically be applied. (Right image)
Q: Why don't I have the option to edit my break?
A: If you aren't able to edit your break or add a new one, then your Administrator doesn't allow edits. Your Manager or Administrator will need to help you with adding or editing a break.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.