Overview: The automatic break rule can be used to automatically deduct break time from an employee's time card after they've worked a specified amount of time.
Setting Up Automatic Break Rules
1. Start by clicking Settings in the top navigation followed by Automatic Break Rules:
2. Once on the automatic break rule page, click +Add a New Automatic Break Rule:
3. You'll then be able to specify the name of the rule, how many hours into an employee's shift the rule should trigger, and the break time to be deducted from the time card. Select which employees you'd like to assign the rule to:
4. Click Save once done. The automatic break rule will now apply to punches moving forward. It is not applied retroactively and will not change time already punched.
Please Note: If you add in new employees remember to come back here and add them to the rule - they are not automatically added.
Viewing/Updating Break Information
1. Start by clicking Timecards in the top navigation followed by View All:
2. On the pay period page, click View next to an employee's name:
3. You will then be able to view the break applied. If you need to edit the break time, simply click the Edit Break button:
Q: How many break rules can be assigned to an employee at once?
A: Currently, only one automatic break rule can be assigned to an employee at once.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.