- Buddy Punch keeps track of Time Off used and comes with the default categorizes Vacation, Holiday, Sick, or Personal. These categories are editable and can be done from the Settings --> Time Off area.
- Time Off can be requested in the current or prior pay periods, as well as in the future.
- Employee's can also enter their own Time Off from their timecard view. Time Off they enter will go to the administrator dashboard for approval if the feature is enabled.
Steps to use the Time Off feature:
- The first step is to enable the Time Off option in the administrative dashboard. Go to Settings --> Time Off to enable it.
- Once it is enabled visit any employee's time card and you will see the Add Time Off button. Click on the button to enter hours of Time Off by date and by type.
Question: I need to enter some Time Off hours for an employee for the pay period before the current one. How do I do so?
Answer: To add Time Off to a time card in the past, go to Time Cards in the top navigation bar. Change the Pay Period drop down list to the correct dates and then you can view the Time Cards for that period. Click on the correct time card and you can add Time Off from there. You can also add Time Off from the calendar by going to Timecards --> Time Off Calendar.
To view this article in full outside of chat, please click here.