Overview: The username/password punching option, which allows an employee to punch in/out by logging in with a username/password, can be used from our website or mobile app.
Important: What you see on the punch page will vary depending on the features your employer is using. You may also see the option to select Location, Department, or Position codes or a shift if scheduling is enabled. You may also be required to take a picture.
Punch In/Out—Username/Password (Web)
1. To punch in/out with a username and password, start by logging into our website at http://app.buddypunch.com/:
2. Once you're logged in, choose the Punch In button. If your employer allows for edits and you want to punch and edit your time, choose the Punch In & Select Time option. There will be a brief moment where your punch needs to save, and then your time card status will change to Punched In:
3. If your employer has set you up with Location or Department codes, you'll need to make a selection before punching in:
4. If the scheduling feature is enabled, you'll have to select a shift (if only one shift is assigned for the day, it will be auto-populated) and then punch in:
5. When you're ready to punch out, log in and choose the Punch Out button. If your employer allows for edits and you want to punch and edit your time, choose the Punch Out & Select Time option. There will be a brief moment where your punch needs to save, and then your time card status will change to Punched Out:
Punch In/Out—Username/Password (App)
1. Start by launching the Buddy Punch app and entering your login credentials. (Left image below)
2. Once logged in, you'll want to choose the Punch In button. If your employer allows for edits, you can select the Punch In & Select Time option to choose your punch time. (Right image below)
3. Your punch status will update, and you'll receive a confirmation that you've punched in. (Left image below)
4. The same process would be repeated for punching out. (Right image below)
Q: Why am I being asked to have my picture taken?
A: All of our punching methods have the option to require a picture. If you're being asked to take a picture before punching time, this was enabled by your administrator. Please reach out to them if you believe this is an error.