Overview: The QR Code punching option, which allows an employee to punch in/out by scanning a QR Code, can be used from our website or mobile app.
Important: What you see on the punch page will vary depending on the features your employer is using. You may also see the option to select Location, Department, or Position codes or a shift if scheduling is enabled. You may also be required to take a picture.
Punch In/Out—QR Code (Web)
1. To punch in/out with a QR Code, start by visiting our website at http://app.buddypunch.com/ and choose the QR Code option:
2. You'll then be asked to hold your QR Code up to the camera:
3. If no Location or Department Codes are assigned, and scheduling is not enabled, you'll immediately be punched in:
4. If Location or Department Codes are enabled, you'll be required to make a selection before choosing the Punch In button:
5. If scheduling is enabled, you'll be required to select your shift and any associated codes. Note: If only one shift is assigned for the day, it will auto-populate. Choose Punch In once you've made your selection:
6. Once you've been punched in, you'll receive a confirmation message:
7. To punch out, scan your code and choose the Punch Out button. You'll receive a confirmation message that you've been punched out:
Punch In/Out—QR Code (App)
1. To punch in/out using a QR Code, start by launching the Buddy Punch app and choosing the QR Code option on the login screen. (Left image)
2. You'll then be asked to place your QR Code inside the scan area. (Right image)
3. Once the code has been scanned, you'll be punched in and receive a confirmation message. (Left image)
4. You'll go through the same process when punching out. (Right image)
Q: Can I save my QR Code to my device and scan it directly from there?
A: Yes! You can save your QR code to your mobile device and scan it directly from the device to punch in/out.