Overview: If your employer allows you to initiate trades or covers, you can do so directly from the Buddy Punch website.
Initiate a Trade/Cover
1. To initiate a trade or cover, start by clicking Schedule in the top navigation followed by View Schedule:
2. You'll want to click on the shift you need a trade or cover for. You'll then want to choose the Can't Work button followed by Trade Request or Cover Request:
3. You'll be asked to enter a request for requesting the trade or cover. Click Next to continue:
4. On the next page, you can choose which employees you'd like to receive your trade or cover request. After you've made your selection click the Send Requests button:
5. You'll then receive a confirmation message that your trade or cover has been sent. You'll be notified when your request is approved or denied:
Review a Trade/Cover Request
1. If you've been sent a trade or cover request, you can review it by clicking Schedule in the top navigation followed by Shift Requests:
2. On the shift requests page, you'll see all pending trade or cover requests. Click Take Action to act on a pending request:
3. At the top of the page, you'll find the shift that's being offered to you as well as the option to Accept or Decline that request:
3a. If you click Accept, you'll be asked to confirm if you want to accept the trade or cover:
3b. If you click Decline, you'll be asked to confirm if you want to decline the trade or cover:
4. If you accept, the trade or cover will be completed and the schedule will be updated accordingly. All parties will be notified of the trade/cover completed. If you decline, the trade or cover will not be complete and the sending employee will be notified that you declined their offer.
Q: I'm an Employee but I'm not receiving any requests for trades or covers.
A: If you're not receiving any trade or cover requests then your Administrator might be handling these on your behalf. If you believe this is an error, please contact your Administrator for assistance.