Overview: The Device Lock feature allows you to lock employees to specific devices. During the Device Lock creation, we place a cookie on the user's device as this is what allows our system to know the employee should be locked to that specific device.
Important: The device lock can only be used on our website and it not compatible with our smartphone app. Employees can be assigned to multiple device locks. You can assign more than one device to a lock. Device locks place a cookie on the device. If cookies are cleared on the device, the device lock will need to be assigned to the device again.
Creating a Device Lock
1. To create a Device Lock, start by going to Settings --> Device Locks:
2. On the Device Locks page, click the +Add a New Device Lock button:
3. You will want to enter the name of your Device Lock, assign the appropriate employees, and Save once done. If you're on the device you want to lock employees to, simply click the Save & Assign this Device button instead:
Assigning a Device Lock
When you assign a Device Lock, you need to do so from the device you want to lock the employees to.
1. To do this, login to your Buddy Punch account from the device and then go to Settings --> Device Locks:
2. On the Device Locks page, click Edit next to the Device Lock that was created in the first section:
3. You will then want to choose the Save & Assign this Device button:
4. You'll then be taken back to the Device Locks page where you'll see a message stating that this device is currently connected to the (lock name):
You will repeat this process for any other Device Locks that need to be created.
Q: I set up a device lock on a user's device, but it's no longer working.
A: Device locks place a cookie on the device. If cookies are cleared on the device, the device lock will need to be assigned to the device again. If you're not sure if cookies are being cleared, it's best to check with your IT department.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.