Overview: When an employee is assigned more than one Location, Department, Position, or shift they can switch between the codes or shifts with a few clicks of a button. Employees can switch between codes or shifts as often as needed.
Switch Codes/Shifts (Web)
1. Start by logging into your Buddy Punch account. If you're punched in, click the Switch button as shown below:
2. You will then be provided with a dropdown box where you can make your new code or shift selection. When you're ready to switch click the Switch Now button. If you want to cancel the switch, click Cancel Switch:
3. Once the switch has been completed, you'll see the new code or shift you're working on:
Switch Codes/Shifts (App)
1. Start by logging in to the Buddy Punch mobile app. On the first page you're presented with, click the Switch button. (Left image)
2. Choose your new codes or shift from the dropdown list and then click Switch Now to continue or Cancel to cancel the switching process. (Right image)
3. You'll then be asked to confirm the Switch. Click Yes to confirm or No to cancel. (Left image)
4. Once the switch is completed you'll be taken back to the punch page and will receive a confirmation message stating, "You have been switched." (Right image)
Q: Can I switch more than once throughout the day?
A: Yes, as long as there are no punching limitations enabled, an employee can switch between codes or shifts as often as needed.