Overview: As an Administrator, you can initiate, approve, reject or withdraw employee trades and covers from the Buddy Punch website.
Initiate a Trade/Cover
1. To initiate a Trade or Cover, start by clicking Schedule in the top navigation, followed by View Schedule:
2. Once on the scheduling page, click the shift you want to initiate a Trade or Cover for. You'll then want to choose the Can't Work button followed by Trade Request or Cover Request:
3. You'll then be asked to enter a reason for the trade or cover request. Choose Next to continue:
4. On the next page, you'll be asked to select the receiving employee for the trade or cover request. Confirm the request by clicking the Send Request button:
5. You'll receive a confirmation message about the trade or cover request being sent to the receiving employee:
Review a Trade/Cover Request
1. If approvals are enabled, you'll be required to Approve any accepted trade/cover requests, or you can also accept on behalf of an employee. Start by clicking Schedule in the top navigation, followed by Shift Requests:
2. On the Shift Requests page, click View next to the pending trade or cover request:
3. At the top of the page, you'll find the shift being offered and any employees who can potentially trade or cover the shift. You may see a few different statuses on this page:
Acceptance Pending Approval: This status means that the receiving employee has accepted the trade or cover request. Approving the request will complete the process, and the trade/cover will be updated on the schedule. Rejecting the requests will notify the receiving employee their request was denied.
Pending Acceptance: This status means that the receiving employee has not yet accepted the trade or cover request. You can accept or decline the request on behalf of the employee.
If you need to withdraw the request, simply click the Withdraw button. All parties will be notified of the withdrawal:
Q: Why don't I see any approvals for trades or covers?
A: If you do not see any approvals for trades or covers and expect to, then you might not have approvals enabled.