Overview: As an Administrator, you can initiate, approve, reject or withdraw employee trades and covers from the Buddy Punch mobile app.
Initiate a Trade/Cover
1. To initiate a Trade or Cover, start by clicking Schedule in the bottom navigation. (Left image below)
2. Once on the Schedule page, click the shift you want to initiate a trade or cover for. (Middle image below)
3. You'll then want to click the Can't work button at the bottom of the Edit Shift page. (Right image below)
4. Select whether you want to initiate a Trade Request or a Cover Request. (Left image below)
5. On the next page, you'll need to enter a reason for the trade or request and which employees you'd like to receive your request. Once done, confirm the request by clicking the Send Request button. (Middle image below)
6. You'll receive a confirmation message about the trade or cover request being sent. (Right image below)
If no approvals are required, the request will be sent to the receiving employee for acceptance.
Review a Trade/Cover Request
1. If approvals are enabled, you'll be required to Approve any accepted trade/cover requests or you can also accept on behalf of an employee. Start by clicking the Shifts Requests Pending notification. (Left image below)
2. On the Shift Requests page, click the arrow to the right of the pending trade or cover request. (Middle image below)
3. You will then have the option to Approve, Reject or Withdraw the trade or cover. (Right image below)
Q: Why don't I see any approvals for trades or covers?
A: If you do not see any approvals for trades or covers and expect to, then you might not have approvals enabled.