Overview: As a Manager with Edit & Publish permissions, you can initiate, approve, reject or withdraw employee trades and covers from the Buddy Punch website.
Initiating a Trade/Cover
1. To initiate a trade or cover, start by clicking Schedule in the top navigation followed by View Schedule:
2. You'll want to click on the shift you need a trade or cover for. You'll then want to choose the Can't Work button followed by Trade Request or Cover Request:
3. You'll be asked to enter a request for requesting the trade or cover. Click Next to continue:
4. On the next page, you can choose which employees you'd like to receive your trade or cover request. After you've made your selection click the Send Requests button:
5. You'll then receive a confirmation message that your trade or cover has been sent. You'll be notified when your request is approved or denied:
Reviewing a Trade/Cover Request
1. If you've been sent a trade or cover request, you can review it by clicking Schedule in the top navigation followed by Shift Requests:
2. On the shift requests page, you'll see all pending trade or cover requests. Click Take Action to act on a pending request:
3. At the top of the page, you'll find the shift that's being offered to you as well as the option to Accept or Decline that request:
3a. If you click Accept, you'll be asked to confirm if you want to accept the trade or cover:
3b. If you click Decline, you'll be asked to confirm if you want to decline the trade or cover:
4. If you accept, the trade or cover will be completed and the schedule will be updated accordingly. All parties will be notified of the trade/cover completed. If you decline, the trade or cover will not complete and the sending employee will be notified that you declined their offer.
Q: I'm an Employee but I'm not receiving any requests for trades or covers.
A: If you're not receiving any trade or cover requests then your Administrator might be handling these on your behalf. If you believe this is an error, please contact your Administrator for assistance.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.