Overview: If your employer allows you to initiate trades or covers, you can do so directly from the Buddy Punch app.
Initiate a Trade/Cover
1. To initiate a trade or cover, start by clicking Schedule in the bottom navigation. (Left image)
2. Once on the Schedule page, click the shift you want to request a Trade or Cover for. (Middle image)
3. You'll then want to click the Can't work button at the bottom of the shift details page. (Right image)
4. Click Trade Request or Cover Request to begin the process. (Left image)
5. On the next page, you will need to enter a reason for the trade or cover and choose which employees you'd like to receive your trade or cover request. After you've made your selection click Send Request. (Middle image)
6. You'll receive a notification confirming that your trade or cover request has been sent. (Right image)
7. You'll be notified when your request is approved or denied.
Review a Trade/Cover Request
1. If you've been sent a trade or cover request, you can review it by clicking Shifts Pending Acceptance on the main punch page. (Left image)
2. On the shift requests page, you'll see all pending trade or cover requests. Click the request to take action. (Middle image)
3. At the top of the page, you'll find the shift that's being offered to you. At the bottom of the page, you can either Accept or Decline the request. (Right image)
4. If you click Decline, you'll be asked to confirm if you want to decline the trade or cover. (Left image)
5. If you click Accept, you'll be asked to confirm if you want to accept the trade or cover. (Middle image)
4. If you accept, you'll receive a confirmation message. (Right image)
5. The trade or cover will be completed and the schedule will be updated accordingly or will be sent to your manager for final approval. All parties will be notified of the trade/cover being completed. If you decline, the trade or cover will not be complete and the sending employee will be notified that you declined their offer.
Q: I'm an Employee but I'm not receiving any requests for trades or covers.
A: If you're not receiving any trade or cover requests then your Administrator might be handling these on your behalf. If you believe this is an error, please contact your Administrator for assistance.