Overview: The PIN punching option, which allows an employee to punch in/out via a unique 4-digit PIN, can be used from our website or mobile app.
Important: What you see on the punch page will vary depending on the features your employer is using. You may also see the option to select Location, Department, or Position codes or a shift if scheduling is enabled. You may also be required to take a picture.
Punch In/Out via Kiosk (Web)
1. Start by visiting our website at https://app.buddypunch.com/ and choose the PIN option:
2. You'll then want to enter the 4-digit PIN, which your employer will provide. You can use a keyboard or click the numbers:
3. If no Location or Department Codes are assigned and scheduling is not enabled, you'll choose the Punch In button:
4. If you're assigned Location or Department Codes, you'll be required to make a selection before choosing the Punch In button:
5. If scheduling is enabled, you'll be required to select a shift before choosing the Punch In button. If only one shift is assigned, it will be automatically selected:
6. Once the punch in is complete, you'll receive a confirmation message:
7. To punch out, choose the PIN punching option, enter your unique 4-digit PIN and select the Punch Out button:
8. Once the punch out has been processed, you'll receive a confirmation message:
Punch In/Out via Kiosk (App)
1. To punch in/out using a PIN, start by launching the Buddy Punch app and choosing the PIN Code option on the login screen. (Left image)
2. You'll then want to enter the unique 4-digit PIN provided by your employer. (Right image)
3. Click the Punch In button. (Left image)
4. You'll be asked to confirm the punch process by clicking Yes. (Middle image)
5. Once the punch has been processed; you'll receive a confirmation message and be taken back to the PIN punching page. (Right image)
6. To punch out, enter your 4-digit PIN and choose the Punch Out button. (Left image)
7. You'll be asked to confirm the punch out by choosing the Yes option. (Middle image)
8. Once the punch has been processed, you'll receive a confirmation message and be taken back to the PIN punching page. (Right image)
Q: Why am I receiving a message to log in with my username/password?
A: When using the kiosk/PIN punching feature, you must log in once with your username/password. This is what allows our system to associate your specific device with your Buddy Punch account.