Overview: The QuickBooks Desktop error QBWC1039 occurs when trying to run the web connector on multiple devices. Each web connector file needs to be unique to sync properly, so to fix this, you need to update the owner ID value to make it unique.
1. Log into your Buddy Punch account and go to Settings --> Integrations --> Integrate with QuickBooks Desktop, and click the BuddyPunch.qwc link.
The Buddy Punch web connector file will start downloading immediately:
Here's a direct link to that page in Buddy Punch: https://app.buddypunch.com/Quickbooks
2. You'll then want to browse to the folder on your device where the file was downloaded—most commonly the downloads folder—and then open the file with TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (Windows).
3. Once opened, you need to change the first value in the <OwnerID> number.
In this example, the first part of the OwnerID is 3c852375. The first number, 3, would need to be changed to any other number, like 5. Save when done.
4. After you've saved, open QuickBooks, then navigate back to the Buddy Punch file you downloaded and updated—click on it to open it. The QuickBooks Web Connector will open.
5. If you see Authorize New Web Service, click OK.
6. If you see QuickBooks Application Certificate, look for “Do you want to allow this application to read and modify this company file?”. Click “Yes, whenever the QuickBooks Company file is open” --> Continue --> Done.
7. On the right side of the web connector, you will need to enter a password. This is the password that is in the settings area of the QuickBooks Integration area (Settings ---> Integrations --> QuickBooks Desktop). When asked if you want to save your password, click Yes.
8. To begin the web connector sync, check the box on the left side of the application and click the “Update Selected” button.
Q: What should I do if this method doesn't work?
A: Please get in touch with our customer support team, and they'd be happy to assist.