Overview: The kiosk feature (PIN punching) allows an employee to enter a unique 4-digit PIN to quickly punch in or out. The feature can be set up to capture or not capture an image and can be used on our app or website. When using the kiosk feature, employees can use the Switch function to switch between different codes or scheduled shifts.
Common Use Cases: If you have several employees punching time from the same device and want that process to move quickly, the kiosk (PIN punching) is a great feature to use. It takes approximately 5 to 10 seconds for each employee to punch time.
Important: In order to use the kiosk (PIN Punching) feature, a user will need to log in to Buddy Punch with a username/password one time. This is what allows our system to associate the device you're using with your account. This can be done by an Employee, Manager, or Administrator.
Set Up The Kiosk
1. To set up the Kiosk feature, start by clicking Settings in the top navigation followed by Kiosk Settings:
2. Once on the Kiosk Settings page, click Enable Kiosk and Save:
3. You can then decide whether or not you want a picture to be captured when employees punch time. This can be set up for our mobile app and website. Notes can also be captured on our website. Enter your employee's unique 4-digit PINs and Save once done.
You can quickly send all employees their PINs by choosing Email PIN To All Employees or by choosing Email PIN next to an individual employee's name:
Update an Employee's PIN
1. If ever you need to update an employee's PIN, simply revisit the Settings --> Kiosk Settings page, update the PIN and Save once done:
2. You can also update an employee's PIN from within their profile by clicking Change next to the PIN field:
Use the Kiosk (Web)
1. To use the PIN punching option from our website, start by opening our login page (https://app.buddypunch.com/) and select the PIN punching option on the far right:
2. Employees can then enter their PIN by typing on a keyboard or using a touch screen:
3. If you have scheduling or any codes enabled, employees will need to select those. They can punch time by clicking the green Punch In or red Punch Out button:
4. Once they punch in or out, they'll be taken to a confirmation page confirming their punch status. The page will then close after 5 seconds and will return to the PIN page for the next employee to do the same:
Use the Kiosk (App)
1. To use the PIN punching feature from our mobile app, start by opening the app and clicking the PIN Code option. (Left image)
2. An employee will then be prompted to enter their unique 4-digit PIN. (Middle image)
3. If you have scheduling or any codes enabled, employees will need to select those. They can punch time by clicking the green Punch In or red Punch Out button. (Right image)
4. The employee will be asked to confirm the punch. (Left image)
5. They'll then be taken back to the PIN punching page and will receive a confirmation message that they've either been punched in or out. (Right image)
Q: Why do I need to log in with a username/password once before using the PIN feature?
A: We need you to log in with a username/password once to associate the device you're using with your account.