Overview: When using the time off tracking feature, you can create as many paid or unpaid time off types as needed.
Important: If you're interested in also setting up time off accruals, please reference the following article: Time Off Accrual Setup
Create Paid or Unpaid Time Off
1. To create paid or unpaid time off, start by clicking Settings in the top navigation followed by Time Off:
2. Then check the box next to Allow Employee Time Off and Save once done:
3. A few new options will populate. If you want employees to view the time off calendar for all other employees, check the box next to Allow employees to view Time Off Calendar for all employees and Save once done.
The second option, Allow Employee Time Off Accruals, will allow you to track accruals per pay period, based on the number of hours worked or annually. Before setting up accruals, you'll first need to set up your time off types.
4. This can be done by clicking the +Add a New Time Off Earning Code button:
Important: New accounts will automatically be set up with basic time tracking codes, which can either be deleted or updated:
5. From the time off earning code page, you can then specify the Name and Abbreviation of the time off (this is what you and employee's will see when the time off is applied), whether the time off is paid or unpaid and who it should be assigned to:
Q: Is time off counted towards overtime?
A: No, time off is excluded from overtime calculations.
Q: If I add time off, and have accruals enabled, will the time off count towards accruals?
A: No, time off is not counted towards accruals.