If you'd like to take advantage of our time off feature, you can do so by following the below steps:
1. First you will want to enable Time Off by clicking Settings in the top navigation followed by Time Off as shown below:
2. Once on the Time Off page you will want to check the box next to "Allow Employee Time Off" and save.
3. Now that time off has been enabled, you can set up your earning codes by scrolling down to the bottom of the time off page. When creating/setting up your earning codes, you can decide whether the time off code will be included in accruals, if it's paid or unpaid and which employees should be assigned.
Advanced Earning Code Options
When setting up your earning codes, you will be able to set up more advanced options such as allowing negative balances or specifying a max balance. These articles go over setting up each of those options:
- Can I set a maximum for Time Off earned or keep an employee from going into the negative?
- Can I disallow negative time off balances?
- How do I allow negative time off balances?
- How do I set a maximum time off balance?
Adding Existing Time Off Balance
Now that your earning codes are setup, you may need to add a pre-existing time off balance. You can do this using our Time Off Accrual Entry option, which is a one time entry that allows you to manually adjust an employee's bank of time.
These articles go over that process in more detail:
Add Accrual Entry - https://docs.buddypunch.com/en/articles/3444143-how-do-i-add-an-accrual-entry
Remove Accrual Entry - https://docs.buddypunch.com/en/articles/3372191-how-do-i-remove-an-accrual-entry
Setting Up Accrual Rules
You may also decide that you want to set up recurring accrual rules for the earning codes you've created.
This article goes over the process of setting up accrual rules for your employees based on the amount of hours worked, per pay period or on an annual basis:
Adding Time Off
If you'd to add time off for your employees, you can do this a few different ways: Through our time off calendar or by visiting an employee's time card.
This article goes over how to add time off to an employee using the two methods mentioned above: https://docs.buddypunch.com/en/articles/1014443-how-do-i-add-time-off-to-a-time-card