Punching time from our mobile app is a straightforward process, but varies depending on which features are being used on the Buddy Punch account.
In this article, we'll cover how to punch time under the following conditions:
Punching Time with No Features Enabled
To punch time with no features enabled, an employee will first need to login to their account using the assigned method - whether that be using the Username/Password, QR Code or Facial Recognition option.
After an employee is logged in, they'll be taken to the punch page. The punch page can also be accessed from the left menu or by clicking the Punch icon found in the bottom menu.
- On the punch page, an employee will find their current status at the top. To punch in, they can select the green Punch In button and enter notes if needed. Notes will show up on the employees time card as well as on some of our reports. (Left Image)
- After selecting the punch button, an employee will be asked to confirm their punch. If they select No they'll be taken back to the punch page. If they select Yes, their punch will be saved. (Middle Image)
- After their punch is saved, an employee will receive a confirmation message at the bottom of the page stating, "You have punched in." The employee status at the top of the page will also change to "Punched In." (Right Image)
The process for punching out is the same as punching in. An employee would first start by logging into their account:
- Once logged in, select the Punch Out button.
- Confirm the punch by clicking Yes.
- Once saved, the employee will receive a confirmation message stating, "You have punched out" and their status will change to "Punched Out" at the top of the page.
Punching Time with Locations/Departments Enabled
If Locations and/or Department Codes are enabled, the punch process will require an additional step.
Punching In (Location/Department)
Please follow the below process to punch time using Locations and/or Department Codes:
- Once an employee is logged into their account, they'll want to start by selecting the "Choose Location/Department" option. (Left Image)
- A new page will open where an employee can select the Location or job they're working on for the day. (Middle Image)
- After making a selection, they'll be taken back to the punch page where their Location selection will be visible. They can continue the punch process by clicking the green Punch In button. (Right Image)
4. An employee will then be asked to confirm their punch, which they can do by selecting Yes. The punch will be saved an employee will receive a confirmation stating, "You have punched in." Their status at the top of the the page will also changed to "Punched In."
In the event your business is using both Locations and Department Codes, when an employee clicks the "Choose a Location/Department" option, they will find a list of their assigned Locations as well as the Department Codes nested under each Location. After an employee makes their selection, they'll be taken back to the punch page to complete the punch process:
Punching Out (Location/Department)
The punching out process works just like the punch in proces.
- Start by clicking the red Punch Out button. (Left Image)
- Confirm the Punch Out by clicking Yes. If you need to make an adjustment, click No to be taken to back to the punch page. (Middle Image)
- Once the punch process is completed, the employee will receive a confirmation message stating, "You have punched out" and their status at the top of the page will change to "Punched Out."
When multiple Locations or Department codes are being used, an employee is presented with a Switch button. This option allows an employee to switch between Locations or Departments without having to completely punch out and back in.
To switch Locations or Departments, please follow the below steps:
- Once logged in, start the process by clicking the Switch button. (Left Image)
- At the top of the page, the employee will see the current Location or Department they're working on. They can choose a new Location or Department by clicking the "Choose Location/Department" option. (Middle Image)
- Once they've made their selection, they can continue the switch process by clicking Switch Now. (Right Image)
4. The employee will be asked if they are ready to switch. Confirm the switch by clicking Yes. (Left Image)
5. Once completed, the employee will receive a confirmation message stating, "You have been switched" and the new Location or Department the employee is working on will be shown on the punch page. (Right Image)