Overview: Administrators can approve, deny or edit time off for any employee on the account.
Approve Time Off
1. There are several different ways to approve time off. The first is directly from the dashboard under the Pending Approval - Time Off section. Click Approve to immediately Approve the time off. If you want to review the time off, click the View button:
2. Once you click View, you'll be taken to the Time Off Calendar, where you can check the box next to the time off in question and click the Approve button::
3. You can also click the time off from the Time Off Calendar, enter a note if needed, and Approve from that page as well:
4. You also have the option of approving time off directly from the employee time card by clicking the Approve button:
Deny Time Off
1. There are several ways to deny time off. The first would be from the time off calendar. Start by clicking View next to the time off under the Time Off Pending Approval section on the dashboard:
2. You'll then be taken to the Time Off Calendar where you can select the time off and choose the Deny button:
3. You can also click on the time off, enter a note if needed and Deny the time off:
4. Time off can also be denied from an employee's time card. Start by clicking the Edit button next to the time off in question:
5. You can then enter a note if deleted and select the Deny button.
Once time off has been denied, the employee will be notified, the status will change to denied and the number of hours will be updated to 0. Here's an example from the employee's time card:
And here's an example from the time off calendar:
Edit Time Off
1. To edit time off from the Time Off Calendar, start by clicking Timecards in the top navigation followed by Time Off Calendar:
2. Once on the Time Off Calendar, click the time off you want to edit:
3. You can then update the Time Off Type, Hours and add a Note if needed. Save once done:
4. You can also edit time off directly from the employee's time card by clicking Edit next to the time off in question:
Q: Why don't I see the option to delete time off?
A: In order to delete time off, the "Shifts and Time Off can be Deleted" option must be enabled by an Administrator under Settings --> Account Settings.