Overview: Employees can take a paid or unpaid break by choosing the Start Break button. Employees can select from any manual break rules assigned to them. They can also manually enter breaks if allowed.
Take a Paid/Unpaid Break (Web)
1. Start by clicking the Start Break option:
2. You'll then want to choose your break and click the Start Break button:
3. Your status will be updated to On Break and we'll display for how long you've been on break:
4. To end your break, click the End Break option:
Manually Enter a Paid/Unpaid Break (Web)
1. Start by clicking the Edit button on your time card from the dashboard:
2. Once on your time card, select the Add Break button:
3. Select your break rule, enter the total break time in minutes or enter the start/end time of your break, and Save once done:
4. If your employer requires approvals on edits, the break time will be pending approval:
Take or Enter a Break (App)
1. To take a break in real-time, choose the Start Break option from the Punch page. (Left image below)
2. Choose your break from the dropdown list, enter a note if needed, and click Start Break. (Right image below)
3. You will receive a notification that your break has started. (Left image below)
4. To stop your break, choose the End Break option. You'll receive a notification that your break has ended and will be returned to the main punch page. (Right image below)
5. If you need to enter a break manually, choose Time Cards in the bottom navigation and then the arrow next to the punch you want to add a break to. (Left image below)
6. You will then want to choose the Add option under the Break section. You can then specify the start/end time of your break and enter a note if needed. (Right image below)
Q: Why don't I see the option to go on break?
A: If you don't see the option to start a break, your employer has not set up any manual breaks for you.
Q: Why don't I see the option to enter a break manually?
A: If you don't see the option to enter a break manually, then your employer hasn't enabled this option.