Overview: A basic custom overtime rule can be created and applied per employee. An employee can only be assigned to one custom overtime rule.
Common Use Cases: You can create a custom overtime rule if your required overtime rule is not available in our list.
Create Overtime Rule
1. To create a custom overtime rule, start by going to Settings --> Overtime:
2. Once on the Overtime Settings page, click the +Add a New Custom Overtime Rule button:
3. You can set up a weekly and daily overtime threshold. If an employee should not earn overtime or double time on a specific day, either leave that day unchecked or the values empty. For days when overtime or double time should be applied all day, enter a 0:
4. Assign it to the appropriate employees and Save once done.
Delete Overtime Rule
1. To delete an overtime rule go to Settings --> Overtime and choose Edit next to your existing rule:
2. Unassign all employees by unchecking the box next to All and Save once done:
3. You'll then be taken back to the Custom Overtime Rules page where you can then select the Delete button:
Q: My rule is more complex than what I can create. What should I do?
A: Please reach out to our support team with your exact overtime rule specifications. Please be sure to include any daily, weekly, weekly, or other special overtime requirements. The average turnaround time for a custom overtime rule is 3 to 5 business days.