Overview: A basic custom overtime rule can be created and applied per employee. An employee can only be assigned to one custom overtime rule.
Common Use Cases: You can create a custom overtime rule if your required overtime rule is not available in our list.
Create Overtime Rule
1. To create a custom overtime rule, start by going to Settings --> Overtime:
2. Once on the Overtime Settings page, click the +Add a New Custom Overtime Rule button:
3. You can set up a weekly and daily overtime threshold. If an employee should not earn overtime or double time on a specific day, either leave that day unchecked or the values empty. For days when overtime or double time should be applied all day, enter a 0:
4. Assign it to the appropriate employees and Save once done.
Delete Overtime Rule
1. To delete an overtime rule go to Settings --> Overtime and choose Edit next to your existing rule:
2. Unassign all employees by unchecking the box next to All and Save once done:
3. You'll then be taken back to the Custom Overtime Rules page where you can then select the Delete button:
Q: My rule is more complex than what I can create. What should I do?
A: Please reach out to our support team with your exact overtime rule specifications.
Please be sure to include any daily, weekly, weekly, or other special overtime requirements.