Overview: If you missed your Buddy Punch Payroll deadline and want to keep direct deposit, you can push your pay date back. If you want to keep your pay date, then you will want to set employees up on manual pay.
Push Pay Date Back
If you missed your pay date and want to keep employees set up with Direct Deposit, you will need to push your pay date back.
1. Start by going to Settings --> Pay Periods:
2. Find the pay period in question and click Edit next to it:
3. You can then update the Pay Date and Save:
4. You will then need to reimport your payroll with the new pay date by going to Payroll --> Run Payroll:
5. Choose the proper pay period dates from the dropdown, click Run Report, and then click Reimport time into Payroll.
Note: If you haven't imported the payroll yet, simply choose your pay period click Run Payroll, and then Import time into Payroll instead.
6. You can then continue the payroll submission process as normal.
Set Up Employees on Manual Pay
If you missed your pay date and don't want to push it back, you'll instead need to set up employees on manual pay. With this method, you as the employer would be responsible for paying employees out via a manual method such as check, cash, Venmo, PayPayl, etc. You can get pay amounts on the final stage of the payroll process by referencing the Net Pay.
We would still be responsible for collecting any tax liabilities on the payroll.
1. If you haven't attempted to run the payroll yet, simply go to Payroll --> Run Payroll and begin the payroll submission process as normal.
1a. If you have already tried to run the payroll, start by going to Payroll --> View Payrolls. Once on the page, click Edit Payroll to the payroll you want to proceed with:
2. Both options will take you to the Run Payroll page. Here is where you will want to change your workers over to Manual payment via the dropdown on the left:
3. You can then continue the payroll submission process as normal.