Overview: If you have approvals enabled for time changes, time off requests, or time cards, they will show up on your dashboard under the Pending Approval section. You can take action on these approvals and either approve or deny them.
1. If approvals are enabled for time edits, you will find all pending approvals on your dashboard under the Punches tab:
2. If you click the View option next to a pending punch, you'll be taken to the employee's time card where you can then click Take Action and either approve or reject the time entered:
3. If you click the Approve option next to the pending punch, you will be asked if you're sure you want to approve the edited punch. Click Approve to complete the process:
4. If you approve a punch, this will be notated on the employees time card under the Status column:
Time Off Approvals
1. If approvals are enabled for time off, you will find all pending time off requests on your dashboard under the Time Off tab:
2. If you select View next to the pending time off, you'll be taken to the Time Off Calendar where you can check the box next to the time off request and choose to either Approve or Delete it:
3. If you select Approve next to the pending time off request, you'll receive a pop up asking if you're sure you want to approve the request. Click Approve to complete the approval process:
4. Once the time off is approved, you will find the Approve status next to the time off on their time card:
5. You can also visit the Time Off Calendar to view the approved time off:
Time Card Approvals
1. If approvals are enabled for time cards, you will find all pending time cards on your dashboard under the Time Cards tab:
2. Click the View button next to the pending time card to begin the review process. Once you do, you'll be taken to the time card pending approval page where you'll get a quick overview of employee work hours:
3. If you want to approve the time card without viewing it in more detail, click the Approve button and confirm the approval process by clicking Approve once more:
4. If you want to review the employee's time card in more detail, from the time card approval page click View. You'll then be taken to the employee's time card, where you can continue the approval process by clicking the Approve / Reject button:
5. You'll have another chance to confirm the employee's work hours and any time off. Choosing Approve will complete the approval process and lock the time card so no new time can be added. Rejecting the time card will allow you or the employee to made additional changes:
6. Once you approve the time card, you'll be taken back to the time card pending approval page and will receive a confirmation notification:
Please Note: If you go to approve a time card and notice there's a Take Action button, this means that the employee has pending punches or time off that needs to be addressed before approving or rejecting the time card:
Q: Am I required to approve pending punches or time off?
A: While you are not required to approve pending punches or time off, that time will not be applied to an employee's time card until action is taken.