Overview: You can sync your employee schedules with either Google Calendar, iCal, or Outlook.
Copy Sync Code
1. To grab the sync code, start by clicking Schedule in the top navigation:
2. On the schedule page, click the Options --> Calendar Sync option:
3. Click the Copy button to copy the schedule sync code:
Follow the next steps for your specific calendar below!
Important: Google Calendar only refreshes feeds every 8 hours, so you won't see schedule changes immediately.
1. Open Google Calendar and select the + button located on the left-hand side of the page under Other calendars:
2. You will then need to select the From URL option:
3. This is where you'll enter the URL you'd previously copied from the Schedule page. Once you've entered the URL, select Add Calendar:
4. The information from your Schedule will now be visible on your Google Calendar and you'll see the URL to your calendar under the Other calendars section:
If you'd like to change the settings for this calendar you can select the three-dot menu. And if you need to delete the calendar, just click the X button.
1. Open iCal and select File followed by New Calendar Subscription:
2. This is where you'll enter the URL that was previously copied from your Schedule page. Click Subscribe when done:
3. You will be able to specify the settings for the calendar such as its name, where the information is stored, whether or not you receive alerts and how often you'd like the feed to be updated:
4. Once you're done filling out your settings, you will see the Schedule feed on the left-hand side of the screen and schedule information on your calendar:
Important: Outlook refreshes feeds approximately every 3 hours, but can take up to 24 hours.
1. Go to Outlook.com and log in to your account.
2. Once in your account, select the calendar icon located in the bottom left-hand corner:
3. Select Import Calendar from the left-hand menu:
4. When the Import calendar box comes up, select From Web and then enter the link you previously copied from Buddy Punch into the Link to the calendar field. You will also need to name your calendar. Select the Import button once done:
5. Now that you've imported your Buddy Punch schedule, you will see the name you gave the calendar on the left-hand side and scheduled shifts on your main calendar.
Q: Can I pull data in from Google, iCal, or Outlook?
A: No, we can only push data to Google, iCal, or Outlook and cannot pull information in.