Overview: If you'd like for employees time off balances to be reset annually, this can be done using our annual time off carryover option. You can also specify how much time off an employee should carryover each year.
Setting Up Annual Carryover/Reset
1. Start by going to Settings --> Time Off and select Edit next to a time off type.
2. Once on the edit time off page, you'll want to check the box next to Set an annual carry over/reset:
3. After that option has been enabled, four new columns will populate:
- Annual Date - Here you'll want to enter the date you'd like for employee time off balances to carryover or reset.
- Annual Carry Over Amount - Here you'll enter the amount of time off to carryover. If you don't want any time off carried over and want an employee's balance to reset, enter a value of 0.
- Last Carry Over Date - When applicable, the last carry over or reset date will show here.
- Next Carry Over Date - The next carry over date will be displayed here. Please know, you'll need to save in order for the next carry over date to populate.
4. Click Save once done.
Q: Will the annual carry over/reset date apply to all time off types?
A: No, each time off type has it's own carry over/reset option. Follow the steps mentioned above for each time off type you'd like to carry over or rest.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.