Overview: Trades allow an employee (with appropriate permissions), manager, or administrator to initiate a shift trade with another employee. Covers allow employees, managers, or administrators to initiate covers with another employee.
Enabling Trades and/or Covers
1. To enable Trades or Covers, start by going to Settings --> Scheduling:
2. Once on the scheduling page, check the box next to Enable Trades or Enable Covers, depending on which you'd like to use:
3. Click Save once done.
Setting Trade/Cover Permissions
1. To set Trade and Cover permissions, you'll want to go to Settings --> Scheduling and choose the Edit Employee Trade/Cover Permissions button:
2. You can then an employee the following Trade or Cover permissions:
- No Access: Employees cannot request or view Trades/Covers.
- Requires Approval: Employees can request a Trade or Cover, but it will first go to their Manager for approval.
- No Approval Needed: Employees can request a Trade or Cover and will be automatically sent to the receiving employee with no approval.
Please note: If "Requires Approval" is chosen, a Manager would need to have Edit & Publish scheduling permissions over an employee to approve or reject any Trade/Cover requests. Scheduling permissions can be found within the manager profile.
Q: I've enabled approvals for Trades and Covers, but Managers aren't receiving the requests.
A: If you've enabled approvals for Trades and Covers, but your Managers aren't receiving the request, then it's likely they don't have the correct permissions over employees. Trades/Covers approvals are based on Edit & Publish scheduling permissions. More information about how to assign scheduling permissions can be found here.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.