Overview: Employees can be given edit permissions that allow them to edit punch details or add new punches, with or without approval.
Enabling Employee Edits
1. To enable employee edits you'll want to start by going to Settings --> Account Settings:
2. You'll then want to check the box next to Allow Employees to Edit Their Time and Save once done.
3. You'll then want to click the Employee Permissions to Edit Time button to set permissions:
There are three permissions options available. They are as follows:
- Not allowed to edit: If this option is chosen, employees are not allowed to edit their time at all.
- Can edit but requires approval: This option allows employees to edit their time, but any edits will go to their Manager or Administrator for approval.
- Can edit without approval: This option allows employees to edit their time as needed and they do not require approval for any changes.
In addition to setting the feature up on the Account Settings page, this feature can also be set up within each employee's profile. Just visit the employee's profile select "Edit" and make your selection from the dropdown box next to "Permission to Edit Time."
Disabling Employee Edits
1. To disable employee edits, click Settings followed by Account Settings:
2. You'll then want to uncheck the box next to Allow Employees to Edit Their Time and Save once done.
Q: Can Managers change employee edit permissions?
A: No, Managers are not able to access account settings and cannot change employee edit permissions.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.