Overview: Rather than having to enter the same shift every week, you can create a schedule template for all or specific employes. The template takes a snapshot of all shifts created in the week view and saves them. You can then apply the template to a future week, and all shifts captured during the snapshot will be applied.
Creating a Template
1. The template will save what's in your view, so select which employees you'd like to create the template for and add their shift information:
2. Once their shifts have been created, click the Options button followed by Template and then Create:
3. You'll be presented with a pop up where you can enter the name of the template. In this example, we're using "Monday - Friday Schedule." Click Create the template once done:
4. Once the template has been created, you'll receive a confirmation message in the top right-hand corner.
Applying a Template
1. Start by navigating to the week you want to apply the template to by using the left or right navigation arrows:
2. You'll then want to click the Options dropdown followed by Apply:
3. You'll get a pop up that will contain all the templates you've created. The information included in this area is:
- Search Bar
- Name of Template
- Created By User Name
- Created Date
- Total Shifts Schedule
- Total Hours Scheduled
Find the template you want to apply and click Apply to current week:
4. Once the template has been applied, you'll receive a confirmation message in the top right-hand corner:
Managing/Deleting a Template
If you need to update the name of a template or want to delete it, this can be done using the Manage option.
1. Start by clicking the Options dropdown followed by Template and then Manage:
2. You'll be presented with a pop up that shows all templates that have been created.
- Edit Name: If you want to edit the name of your template click Edit on the left-hand side of the pop-up. Enter the new name and click Update once done:
- Delete Template: If you want to delete a template click the Delete button on the right-hand side of the pop-up. You'll then be asked if you're sure you want to delete the template. Click Yes, delete the template or Cancel:
Updating a Template
1. To update a template, you'll want to start navigating to an empty week in the future on the schedule. Once at the empty week, click the Options dropdown followed by Apply:
2. You'll be presented with a pop-up that contains all template information. Find the template you want to update and click Apply to current week:
3. Once the template has been applied, make your updates, and then click the Options dropdown followed by Template and then Create:
4. You'll be presented with a pop-up where you'll enter the name of your updated template. Click Create the template once done:
5. Once the new template has been created, you'll receive a confirmation message in the top right-hand corner:
6. You'll then want to delete the old template - if you no longer need it! Start by clicking the Options dropdown menu followed by Template and then Manage:
7. You'll be presented with a pop-up that shows all your current templates. Click Delete next to the one you want to delete:
Q: Can I apply more than one template?
A: Yes! You can apply as many templates as needed.
Q: How do I apply the template to all employees?
A: As long as an employee is in your view and the template includes shifts for them, the template will apply to them.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.