Overview: Just like Department Codes, Locations are labels for time. You can create as many locations as needed, assign them to employees, and then employees can punch in and out of these codes. You can also assign them to shifts if scheduling is enabled. Your reports will reflect the time put to each code.
Setting up Locations
1. To set up Location codes, starting by clicking Settings in the top navigation followed by Location:
2. Once on the Locations page, click +Add a New Location:
3. You'll then be asked to enter the name of your Location and assign employees. Please check to ensure that the Active box is checked and then Save once done:
4. You'll be taken back to the Locations page where you'll find your newly created Location:
Linking Locations and Department Codes
If you need multiple levels of tracking, you can use Department Codes. They nest under Location codes and function the same way. If you've already created your Department Codes, please follow the steps below. If you haven't yet created your Department Codes, please click here for instructions on how to set them up.
1. Start by clicking Settings in the top navigation followed by Locations:
2. You'll then want to click Edit next to the Location you want to link to Department Codes to:
3. On the Edit Location page, you'll find all active Department Codes. Check the box next to the Department Codes you'd like to link to this Location:
4. Click Save once done. When employees punch in, they will now see their assigned Location codes and any Department Codes associated with those Locations.
Using Locations (Employee/Manager View)
Below is an example of what an employee or manager will see when they punch in and they have Locations or Department Codes assigned to them:
Below is an example of what an employee or manager will see when they punch into a shift with assigned Locations or Department Codes:
Q: Why can't I delete my Location codes?
A: You are not able to delete Location codes to ensure they're not removed from any previous punches. You can, however, deactivate the codes if they're no longer needed.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.