Overview: In Buddy Punch, you can create both paid and unpaid time off types. Employees can then request time off or an Administrator or Manager (with approval permissions) can add it for them.
Creating Time Off
1. To create time off, you'll want to start by going to Settings --> Time Off:
2. Once on the time off page, check the box next to Allow Employee Time Off and Save once done:
3. Several new options will populate including:
Allow employees to view Time Off Calendar for all employees
Allow Employee Time Off Accruals
You will also find a new Time Off Earning Codes section. You're provided with a few default time off earning codes. You can edit those or create a new time off earning code by clicking +Add a New Time Off Earning Code:
4. You can then specify how you'd like your time off earning code to be set up. This area will look different depending on whether you have time off accruals enabled or not. Below is an example of what you'd see when time off accruals are disabled.
Once you've entered/selected your time off earning code information, click Save.
5. You'll then be taken back to the Time Off page where you'll find your new time off earning code:
Adding Time Off
1. To add time off, start by clicking Timecards in the top navigation followed by Time Off Calendar:
2. Once on the Time Off Calendar page, click the +Add Time Off button located in the top right-hand corner:
3. From there you'll be able to specify which employee's the time off should be applied to, the date of the time off, the time off type, how many hours should be applied, and add a note if needed.
If you need to add more than one type of time off, you can do so by clicking the +Add New button and a new line will populate. Click Save once done.
4. You'll then be taken back to the Time Off Calendar where you'll find your newly added time off:
Q: How can I add time off over several days?
A: When you add time off, there will be a Switch To Date Ranges option. This option allows you to specify the start and end time for the time off. Please know, we don't have a way to block out specific days for time off.