Overview: You can active/deactivate users as often as needed. If you deactivate an employee, you'll retain their time card information. However, they'll no longer be able to login or punch time. They will also no longer count towards your allotted user count.
Important: Our system does not automatically deactivate an employee if they're no longer tracking time. Administrators will need to manually deactivate a user and adjust their plan if needed.
Deactivating An Employee
1. To deactivate an employee, you'll want to start by clicking Employees in the top navigation:
2. Once on the Employees page, click View next to the name of the employee who you need to deactivate:
3. Now that you're in the employee's profile, you'll want to click Deactivate in the top right-hand corner:
4. Once saved, you'll be taken back to the employee's profile where their Active status has been updated to No:
5. Deactivated employees will also move to a new tab on the Employees page called Inactive:
Activating An Employee
1. To activate an employee, you'll want to start by clicking Employees in the top navigation:
2. On the Employees page, click the Inactive tab and the View next to the name of the employee who you want to reactivate:
3. Now that you're in the employee profile, you'll want to click Activate in the top right-hand corner:
4. You'll be taken back to the employee's profile where you'll find their Active status has updated to Yes:
5. The employee will also be moved from the Inactive tab to the Active tab on the Employees page:
Q: Does Buddy Punch automatically deactivate an employee is they aren't tracking time?
A: No, deactivating a user is a manual process and needs to be done by an Administrator.
Q: I deactivated an employee, but they still have a time card in the pay period. Why is that?
A: When you deactivate an employee, they'll remain in the pay period they were deactivated in. This is done in the event that they have time that still needs to be reported on.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.