In this article, we'll cover how to add, edit and delete repeating shifts.
Adding Repeating Shifts
You'll want to start by clicking an open space next to the name of an Employee you'd like to add a repeating shift for.
1. You'll be presented with several options. If you're a Manager with Edit & Publish schedule permissions or an Administrator, you will be able to choose an employee from the dropdown list if it should be different than the one auto populated.
2. Enter the employee's starting and end shift times. The date and time will default to the open space clicked.
3. If you'd like to account for an unpaid break, you can enter it in this section. Please know: This option doesn't automatically deduct a break from an employees time card. It is meant to be used to determine how many paid hours an employee will be scheduled for.
4. Next you can decide how often the shift repeats, if at all. The repeating options available are:
5. After you've decided how frequently you'd like the shift to repeat, you next need to decide when the repeating shift option will end.
6. If you're currently using Locations, Departments or Positions, these can be applied to the shift as well.
8. Lastly, you can add any necessary notes for users to view.
Editing Repeating Shifts
Editing repeating shifts can quickly be done by visiting the Scheduling page and clicking on the shift you'd like to edit:
You can edit the shift times, notes, as well as any codes assigned to the shift. Click the blue Save button once done. You will then be presented with two editing options which include:
- This shift (Only updates the current and open shift)
- This and following shifts (Updates the current and open shift as well as any following shifts)
Once you've made your selection, complete the action by again clicking the blue Save button.
Deleting Repeating Shifts
Deleting a repeating shift is a simple process. You'll want to start by visiting the Scheduling page and clicking on the repeating shift you'd like to delete:
Click the red Delete button:
You will then be presented with two delete options which include:
- This shift (This option only deletes a single repeating shift - the one you have open)
- This and following shifts (This option deletes the shift you have open as well as any following shifts that were created)
After you've made your selection, confirm the action by clicking the red Delete button once more.