Overview: Time off accruals allows employees to earn time off at a specified rate. The different time off accrual options are per pay period, hours worked, and annual. An employee can be set up with as many accrual rules as needed.
Enabling Time Off Accruals
1. Start by clicking Settings followed by Time Off:
2. Once on the Time Off Settings page, check the box next to Allow Employee Time Off Accruals and Save once done:
3. Now that time off accruals are enabled, you'll need to specify which of your time off types should be included in accruals. To add a new time off code, select the +Add a New Time Off Earning Code or you can also update an existing code by selecting Edit next to it:
4. When creating or updating a time off earning code, you'll want to ensure that the box next to Included in Time Off Accrual is checked:
There are many other options to set up here if needed. This includes:
- Allowing/Disallowing Negative balances: If negative balances are disabled, an employee will not be allowed to request time off if it would cause them to go into the negative.
- Setting a Maximum Hours Allowed: This option determines how much time off an employee can accrue.
- Setting an Accrual Carry Over/Reset: By default, our system will carry over balances. If you want to reset balances or specify the amount carried over, you can do so using this option.
Creating a New Time Off Accrual Rule
1. Now that time off accruals are enabled, you can create time off accrual rules. Start by clicking Settings followed by Time Off:
2. On the Time Off Settings page, click the Manage Time Off Accrual Rules button:
3. You'll then want to click the +Add a New Time Off Accrual Rule button:
Please note, the +Add a New Time Off Accrual Entry button is intended to help front-load time off or enter existing balances. More information about that option can be found here.
4. You'll then be able to create an accrual rule based on the pay period, the number of hours worked, or an annual accrual. Once created, you'll be taken back to the Time Off Accrual Rules page where you'll find your newly created rule:
5. You will also find the assigned time off accrual rule within the employee profile under the Time Off Accrual Rules section:
Q: Will accruals be backdated?
A: No, employees will start earning when they're added to the accrual rule and moving forward. We do not retroactively apply accruals.
To view this full article outside of the chat window, please click here.