Overview: Administrators can add, edit, or delete punches as needed. They do not require any permissions as they have full permissions by default.
Add a Punch
1. To add a punch, start by clicking Timecards in the top navigation followed by View All:
2. Choose the pay period from the dropdown and then click View next to an employees name to access their timecard:
3. Now that you're viewing the employees time card, you'll want to click the Add New dropdown followed by Punch:
4. You can then specify the Punch In Time, Punch Out Time (if an employee has just punched in for the day you can leave the punch out time blank), select shift details and location, department, or position codes if applicable. Save once done.
5. You'll then be taken back to the employee's time card, where you can view newly add punch information:
Edit a Punch
1. To edit a punch, start by clicking Timecards in the top navigation, followed by View All.
2. Choose the pay period from the dropdown and then click View next to an employee's name to access their timecard.
3. Once viewing the employee's time card, click Edit next to the punch you'd like to edit:
4. You'll then be able to select a new punch time and edit any shift or location, department, position codes if applicable. Save once done.
You'll then be taken back to the employee's time card, where you can view changes made
Delete a Punch
1. When viewing a time card, click the trash can button to the far right to delete the punch in question. There is a scroll bar at the bottom of the time card that may need to be used to scroll right.
Note: If the button is grayed out and not clickable, you will need to enable the ability to delete by going to Settings --> Account Settings, check the box next to Shifts and Time Off can be Deleted and Save once done.
4. You will be notified that once the punch is deleted, it can't be restored. Click Delete to confirm the deletion:
5. If ever you need to review punch information that's been deleted, you can use our Deleted Time Report, which can be found under Reports in the top navigation. The report will let you know who deleted what and when:
Q: I'm an Administrator but I'm not seeing edit or delete options. How do I fix this?
A: If you're an Administrator, but aren't seeing the edit or delete options, then you may be logged in to an employee or manager account. Please confirm you're in the correct account.